Your profile picture is a key element of your LinkedIn presence.
Let the professional photographers at Monte Luke Photography Studio help you get the optimum visibility from your LinkedIn profile picture.
If you think you might need a professional LinkedIn profile picture, ask yourself these questions from LinkedIn Business best practice for headshots:
- Is your current LinkedIn profile picture projecting a warm, professional, and trustworthy image to professional contacts and potential B2B prospects?
- Does your current profile photo do a good job of reminding people that there is a living, breathing human being behind your online persona?
- In your current profile picture, do you appear warm and welcoming, or stiff and impersonal?
Did you know …
- Statistics show that LinkedIn members with a photo receive far more engagement: 21 times more profile views and 9 times more connection requests.
- The best profile photos show subjects who are:
- Dressed appropriately for their role
- Wearing attire that flatters their body style, in colours that complement their hair and skin tone; no busy textures, patterns, or logos
- Smiling with their eyes to appear approachable and confident
- Making eye contact with the camera
- Wearing minimal jewellery, buttons, and headwear
- Layering clothing and accessories (shirt and jacket; sweater and loose scarf)
- When you dress sharply to a job interview, you’re telling the employer you mean business before even speaking a word. In the same vein, taking a few simple steps to improve the quality and polish of your profile photo on LinkedIn can go a long way toward sending the right signals to anyone who happens across you on the platform.
- Don’t hesitate to touch up or edit the shots you like best, provided the shots still look natural and you’re recognizable to those who know you.
- As a final task, pull up your LinkedIn profile on a tablet, computer, and mobile phone to confirm you’re happy with how your photo and background image appear on various devices.
Follow these LinkedIn profile photo tips to ensure you are projecting a warm, professional, and trustworthy image to professional contacts and potential B2B prospects. Your professional LinkedIn profile says a lot about you. Make sure it’s saying the right things!
We have options for image enhancement and additional creative services available such as customised LinkedIn Profile Background photos for a strong aesthetic presentation, just ask us.
See our FAQ page or call the studio today on +61 2 9299 3041.